Sunday 19 July 2020

Derde RWV Thuiswedstrijd Snelwandelen Local Area 19 July 2020

Derde RWV Thuiswedstrijd Snelwandelen
Local Area 
Distance 5.03km Climb 19m 
Sunday 19 July 2020 


This was the third racewalk I had taken part in, ran by Rotterdamse Wandelsport Vereniging RWV. I have not done any other walks recently so I have included the racewalks on my blog. It will also be a reminder for me as to what is currently happening due to the Covid 19 Pandemic. Veronica had sent me a link to the first racewalk event in May. I have continued to maintain the lockdown, social distancing, only going out to work and walking on short local walks. This was another opportunity to do something different. The RWV had also organised the Continental Decurion Wandeling a 10 mile event I completed a few weeks ago now. 

In today's event, as with previous racewalks, participants could choice a distance, 1km, 3km or 5km to do in their local area, maintaining social distancing. Everyone would start at the same time and there were people from all over The World who had signed up to do the event. I race walked the same route as my previous route, the only difference being I was walking the route anticlockwise. As I had something to do at the official start time I set off at an earlier time. Again I walked as fast as I could, so many of the photos have come out a little blurred. 




















This had been my third racewalk and I did enjoy the challenge of it. I have sent in my time and we will see what The RWV will make of it. The RWV are looking at the best two races out of the three for some placings. On my watch I was a little slower than on my second race but we will see what the placing will be. I will not tell you what my timings are only that I enjoyed the event. I walked my normal style of walking just trying to do it as fast as I could. I have seen how a number of the regular racewalkers walk. It looks more effective than the way I walk, but I am not sure how that way of walking would go down on my local streets. I am looking forward to their next event? 

More to follow.

 

Boz North
Details correct at time of walking.
If you have enjoyed reading my walk or found it useful you may also like to read other walks I have done in Tyne and Wear or other areas. Please check out the links on the right hand side.
 
Follow link to the first RWV Thuiswedstrijd Snelwandelen 21 May 2020. 
Follow link to the RWV Continental Decurion Wandeling 13 June 2020.
Follow link to the (second) Tweede Thuiswedstrijd Snelwandelen 28 June 2020.


No comments:

Post a Comment