Wednesday 12 August 2015

National 3 Peaks Challenge - August 2015.

National 3 Peaks Challenge
Distance 39km Climb 2964m
August 2015


A few months ago my friend Andy approached me about doing the National 3 Peaks Challenge and I jumped at the opportunity.  I had wanted to do this challenge a number of years ago and although I researched and prepared for it the actual challenge never happened.  Saying that I did do the 3 Peaks some time later, if you look further in my blog, with Anne and my brother David as a short holiday as I did all the driving and walking.  Today though was the Challenge and we were doing it to raise money for the Army Benevolent Fund, the soldiers charity.

If you would like to send in a donation then please just follow the link below to
Andy Stewart's Just Giving Site

Ben Nevis (1344m high) Number 15 on ITV's Britain's Favourite Walks shown January 2018.
Started dry and clear although we could see clouds on the top, this had the best photo opportunities of all 3 Peaks.









It took us just over 4 hours up and down, covering 17km with a 1352m climb.  It was time for the drive to Scarfell.

Scarfell Pike (978m high) Number 5 on ITV's Britain's Favourite Walks shown January 2018.
This was the first time I had walked Scarfell Pike from the Wasdale side and it was wet, unfortunately this reduced the number of photos I took.






This is a steeper walk than from the Seathwaite side and I think it more interesting.  It took us about 3 3/4 hours up and down, to cover 10km with a 989m climb, then off we went again for the drive to Wales.

Snowdon (1085m high) Number 2 shown on ITV's Britain's Favourite Walks January 2018.
For the main part the drive to Wales the weather was good although we could see cloud on the top of Snowdon, it was not long before we were walking in the wind and rain again.








It took us 3 1/2 hours for Snowdon we walked up the Pyg Track and came down the Miners Track. We had covered 12km with 723m climb.

This would not have been possible without Doc who was a driver and support for us all, so thanks Doc.


We had completed the challenge in 23 hrs and 51 mins, loads of time to spare.  A total of 39km with 2964m climb.

If you want to donate then please follow the link above to Andy Stewart's just giving site.

More to follow


Boz North
Details correct at time of walking.
If you have enjoyed reading my walk or found it useful you may also like to read other walks I have done on The National 3 Peaks or other areas. Please check out the links on the right hand side.

Follow links to other walks up Ben NevisScarfell Pike and Snowdon as part of the National 3 Peaks but not the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment